Thursday, August 7, 2014

Out of the Basement: The Muppets

The Muppets
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I'm in Toronto at the  moment and staying through the end of August.  And as I mentioned in my Retro Week post back in May, that means I have access to my mother's basement which stores both childhood toys and her various warehouse sale finds.  So I thought I'd intersperse my regular posts with some shorter ones of the toys I discover whilst digging through the boxes down there.

First up is this random group of Muppets.  As far as I can tell, these are actually from two different lines - the Kermit and Scooter figure are articulated (Scooter has 5 points of articulation, Kermit 1) and have a slot in their backs, while the others are all simple vinyl figurines.  I don't know where any of them came from, so if you recognize them, I'd love to hear more.  In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the randomness of this collection of characters.

10 comments:

  1. Not sure where any of them come from but always cool to be able to rummage through your old things at your parents house!I recently found my little league baseball shirt at my parents house.My mom framed it lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true - it's almost like unwrapping presents!
      And good on your mom for finding an answer to the "Now that I've rediscovered this, what do I do with it?" question - that one's always stumping me!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I missed a single episode of the Muppets when I was growing up. It's fun to see these characters again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a classic show, wasn't it? I may have eaten up most of an afternoon the other day just looking at old clips on youtube!

      Delete
  3. I like the grumpy old guy figure. Cute!

    I used to watch The Muppets. Sometimes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memories!! :) I'm amazed at what comes out of your mum's basement ... it must be HUGE. I used to watch The Muppets with my kids when they were small, but we never had any at home. Have fun!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      The basement isn't really huge, but my mum build a series of shelves along two sides and that allows bin after bin of old toys (and household supplies, and office supplies, and other random treasures) to have a home.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I had that Kermit figure that bends at the waist with the slot in the back. It had a plastic stick sort of thing that went in the slot, and you used it to move the puppet around. I think it was part of a larger set, passed down from my cousins, as I remember having several other characters that worked the same way....Thanks for the trip down memory lane! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So they were puppet Muppets! Thanks for sharing that! :)

      Delete