Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Random Toy of the Day: Star Trek DS9 Minimates

Sisko & Dukat
Another week, another set of Minimates...

Up this time are Captain Sisko and Gul'Dukat from Star Trek: Deep Space 9 (which is, as an aside, my favourite Star Trek series).

The Star Trek line is no longer in production, but while it lasted DST released several sets (I believe there were 5 series, each of which had at least three sets, although I'm not 100% certain on that - if you know for sure, correct me!).  Most of these figures were of characters from the original series, although there was at least one set for each of the others as well.



The Sisko figure has the standard Minimate body and came with one accessory: a phaser.  Dukat is similar except for having a custom torso that incorporates his armour design.  He also has a single weapon accessory.
In the box.
The back of the box, showing off the rest of Series 5.
The inner packaging.

Armed and out of the box.


8 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Not something that someone from the Federation wants to hear, I'm sure, lol.

    I don't think I saw a single episode of this. By the time it came on I was all Star Trekked out. I saw all of Next Gen and maybe 1/2 a season of Voyager. If I saw a little Worf or Data, I'd probably get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, maybe we won't tell them about the cuteness... ;)

      Delete
  2. I used to love watching Star Trek after school with my brothers, lol. These minimates are just so cool and it's probably hard to not want to collect them all! Oh my gosh, look at Ilia. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, it's true, that "collect them all!" feeling is hard to resist. I originally thought I'd be happy with just three of the Mass Effect ones - and yet somehow I now have almost 30 of them! :o

      Delete
  3. I personally found DS9 to be my least favorite series. So dark, in more ways than one. Sisko's phaser kind of looks like a sonic screwdriver in your picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, that sounds like we need a DS9/DW crossover! ;)

      Delete
  4. Is that a picture of Kirk and Spock on the packaging? Just in case the classic "Star Trek" lettering across the top of the card didn't make it obvious enough that these figures were from the "Star Trek" franchise, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yup, it's Kirk and Spock - I laughed at it too. I suppose the DS9 characters aren't quite iconic enough for the marketing team to feel secure about!

      Delete