Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Random Toy of the Day: Forge (Toy Biz Marvel Universe)

Forge, Toy Biz Marvel Universe edition


Because one light-weight 10" figure was not enough!


After picking up the 10" Toy Biz Union Jack last month, I wasn't planning on adding more figures from that line to my collection.  Given the age of the line, I wasn't expecting to come across that many more of them - and certainly not new/in-box ones.

But as seems to be happening to me quite a lot lately, I did end up coming across another one - new in-box and a character that I collect.  So naturally I couldn't just leave him on the shelf -  he had to join my army of action figures.

The figure itself is fairly similar to Union Jack, so since I don't have much to add, it's all photos from here:








In the box.

The inner lining.


Out of the box.

Up close: the face screening has a few issues (the right eyebrow in particular)
Armed with his very large weapon accessory.


12 comments:

  1. Wow, he looks fierce! Sometimes, when you decide not to continue on collecting something, I find that they suddenly seem to appear out of nowhere. :) I'm going to have to look up this "Union Jack" guy. You have such a diverse and interesting collection. I would love to see a post about how you store your dolls. (Although I think I read you are moving soon so that's probably not a good idea for now!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea - I've actually been thinking about photographing the doll pack-up, so storage would be a big part of that. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, that would be helpful. I'm moving, too.

      Delete
    3. It must be moving season!

      I'm off on a house-hunting trip tomorrow, so I'm planning to start on the packing when we get back next week - I'll be keeping my camera on hand! :)

      Delete
  2. He has an expression that say it all, lol. I hate to be on his bad side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dwayne Johnson should play him in a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These guys look way better than the Marvel Titan Heroes they're releasing now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had ONE 10 inch figure back then. Captain America. That was my first custom as I chopped off his wings and painted him like Goliath. It was a mistake I know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, depending on how your Goliath turned out, maybe not!

      Delete