Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Random Toy of the Day: Funko's Game of Thrones Mystery Minis (Series 1)

Apologies for yesterday's double-post: I was editing tags and accidentally re-published the Forge post.

After posting my "ultimate in lazy packing" photo the other day, I realized that I hadn't shared those Funko Game of Thrones mini figures yet, even though I had taken photos of the lot of them.  There isn't much to say about them: they're standard non-articulated mini-figures, in that stylized Funko-POP style, but they're fun little figures, so I thought I'd share them anyway.

The group shot.



I hadn't intended to have such a big collection of them - I was splitting a case of them with a friend, but they ended up moving before the box arrived, and I ended up with all of them.  That means that I have a near-full set (missing only the two rarest figures - Jaime and the glow-in-the-dark white walker), and have duplicates of the most common ones.

The box.

.


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Given that I'd only wanted four of them originally, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of these now (especially the duplicates) - sell them?  A giveaway maybe?  Make them into Christmas tree ornaments?

Either way, I think I've learned my lesson on this one - no more sharing boxes of these things! ;)


8 comments:

  1. They're cute! And small enough to not be too big a hassle if you decide to keep them ;-)

    But duplicates can be tedious so unless you had enough to make a GoT themed Christmas tree, I'd sell them if they'd justify the work + expected income or give them away if postage + packing/shipping was not too time consuming.

    I watched "Game of Thrones" for a while until it became too gory for me. I keep up with the show's events online though - shrug. Your mini Joffrey makes me smile although I did not like the 1:1 scale character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I think that's probably the reaction they were going for with Joffrey! ;)

      Delete
  2. These are great! I agree that it's kind of annoying when you end up with duplicates. These figures are pretty cute and I like all of the little details. If it were me, I'd probably take the lazy route and donate the duplicates, but I bet you could probably make a few extra toy spending bucks by selling them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lazy route is always a good choice! ;)

      I have my eye on some other mystery mini lines now, but I think I'll pick them up opened on the secondary market - that way I won't need to worry about the extras next time...

      Delete
  3. Hey JS, I love the wee dragons and the wolves! The others are mostly a grumpy lot though, some even remind me of my hubby when he cracks it! LOL! You know I have heard a lot about this Game of Thrones, but have never seen it.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beasts are cute, aren't they? And LOL about the family resemblance!

      The show is a little uneven to be honest, but the production values are solid, so even when it's a little off it's still impressive to look at (at least for me).

      Delete
  4. I don't follow this series but I like animals regardless, so I love the dragons and wolves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, sounds fair to me! They're cute, aren't they?

      Delete