Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2016 in Review

January already! Even allowing that I was away from home for three months at the end of the year, I still can't believe how quickly 2016 seems to have flown by!

Since we're now into the first week of 2017, it seemed like a good time to look back on the dolls and figures that entered and exited the posse.

The biggest group of arrivals came over the summer, when I went on a bit of a playline-size buying frenzy:
Ellowyne Wilde Cinnamon, Capratina Diya, Wellie Wishers Aslyn,
H4H Surjan (the lone older purchase), Corelle Cecile, and Las Amigas Carol

And then there were the mini figures, like these Titan Mass Effect figures:
Wrex, Kaidan, Liara

Followed by some Heroclix microfigures:
Apollo, Jenny Quantum, Midnighter
And of course there was my one BJD of the year, Volks SD16 Amethyst:

And my fun retro mini Cabbage Patch, Rudy:

And of course I was pleased to be able to snag Monster High's SDCC exclusive Hexiciah:

I added one figure to my comic statues collection this year in the form of Hellblazer's John Constantine:


And then near the end of the year my mother gave me the HBC Barbie:


Since one of my goals for 2016 was to thin the herd a bit, I also cleared a few dolls and figures out.

I sold off all but two of my Game of Thrones Funko minis:

Also sold was my Bobobie Ariel, who had been blank after a few disapointing face-up attempts in 2011:

As well as my Loong Soul XuanBing head, which had been blank for the whole six years that I owned it;


And I sold a few smaller items, like Monster High Draculara and Funko Hulkbuster:
Draculaura

Hulkbuster
And finally I passed my American Girl mini Melody along to my mother:

As for 2017, I'm hoping to thin the herd a little more and spend more time photographing what I already have. Blog-wise have a few older posts in the pipeline that I meant to post in the fall and forgot about, and hopefully that "more photography" resolution will lead to some related posts as well.

And that's it! Happy New Year!

22 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I love how your collection of dolls and toys varies greatly. I'm totally drooling over that Ellowyne Wilde Cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And that Ellowyne is fun, isn't she? It's too bad that they're probably doing away with that line.

      Delete
  2. Some good goals for the coming year, so progress made on thinning out your herd ;-) and some nice new dolls for your collection in 2016.

    I decided not to post my 2016 in review - just working it out shocked me at how reckless I was - ha ha - I went from saying I was not going to get any dolls (or very few) and blowing that big time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I can relate! I keep myself in check by reminding myself that I'll have to do a review at the end of the year! ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha, I was thinking the same exact thing, Serenata! :)

      Delete
  3. Looking at it now, that Ellowyne Wilde doll was a pretty good purchase! I may or may not thin out my herd. I have some dolls I'm thinking about selling, but I'll probably put them away for a while and come back to them in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting them away for a while sounds like a good idea. I think having been away from my collection for three and a half months has given me a better sense of who/what I'd actually miss, and which ones are safe to send along to new owners. I'm planning to start making some lists this week. We'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year!

    I feel you on the playline craze. I went that way for a year getting Barbie and MH dolls - too many now that I look at my cabinet!

    I really love that tan on your Volks doll. It's such a nice warm colour.

    A lot of arrivals and departures it seems for you in 2016. Looking forward to what you have in store for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy New Year to you too. :)

      Volks ebony is such a nice colour. I wish they made it available on more dolls, but I'm glad they at least occasionally add it to the FCS.

      Delete
  5. Happy new year!!!

    I love the many arrivals that you got last year, so many tan dolls in different lines!

    Hope you get to achieve your goals this year, they seem to be very grounded but not less exciting because of that, I would love to see more photos of your dolls and figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the photo-taking support. :)

      Delete
  6. (✿ ♥‿♥) A wonderful collection of dolls in many sizes and styles!
    Happy new year and good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great additions this year, JS, and very varied too. I like variety, it is, as they say, the spice of life! ;)
    Happy New Year to you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year!! You had a lot of crew changes, lovely additions and all! Hope this year is awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope 2017 is awesome for you as well. :)

      Delete
  9. You made a lot of progress, and your clearing out of your collection is very inspiring indeed ~ hope I can follow your example one day!

    Happy NY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year JS! You've done well, there's a great balance between your comings and goings. I'm with you on spending more time photographing the ones I have already, rather than just adding to the collection . . . after all we all have only so much space we can fill, don't we?
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with thinning the herd! I know it can be hard to do, but I think you managed it quite well. I am looking forward to more photo blog posts for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new acquisitions and finding new homes for others. Best wishes with your photography plans, enjoying what you have, and getting those drafts published. Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have had a great year! I'm glad you were able to find new home for those who needed to move on. Congrats on those who did join you, especially Wilde Cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete